Re: [suse-security] SuSE 9.0/Security updates
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 20:34:07 +0100 (CET)
On Dec 9, Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, RPM is not a magic ghost. It also deletes files and stored new
> ones, as everybody else does.
You didn't get my point. In previous versions, RPM behaved like I
described. It moved away the old file and deleted it. But with the new
version I can't see any files that have been deleted by the RPM system.

I just tested with "screen" - I opened a screen session and updated with
the new screen rpm from the SuSE FTP servers. Although screen is still
running, there are no deleted processes shown (SuSE 9.0).
A re-test with SuSE 8.1 showed, that a file called "screen-RPMDELETE" has
been deleted and is still in use, which is what I expected.

Markus

--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign