Re: [suse-security] Curious response
  • From: Keith Roberts <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:33:42 +0000 (GMT)

Why doesn't SuSE just strip the sender's email address from
all the emails that are posted to this list, AFTER mailing
the subscribers list first, and BEFORE archiving them on the
SuSE server for reference purposes.

Then only list members would have access to each other's
email addresses, and they would not be available from the
archives on the net for the whole world to see (and
harvest).

(Do a Google search with your own email address and see what
happens)!

If anyone reads the archives on the webserver, and wants to
reply to the sender, then they will have to join the list
like the rest of us, and post to the list (if they are not
already on mailing list).

Off-list discussions could continue on the understanding
that PRIVATE email addresses are not included in any further
emails to the public mailing list.

HTH - Kind Regards

Keith Roberts