Re: [suse-security] BUG or CRACKER
  • From: Kevin Brannen <kevin_brannen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:43:51 -0600
In addition to Lars' suggestions, I've also found "ls -b" to be helpful with files like this.

Files with meta-chars in them can be hard to delete. Either escape the troublesome chars with a "\" or surround the whole filename with single quotes. For example:

rm \?\$2@
rm '?#2@'

Of course, hidden chars (like control chars) will make those fail. You can always do:

rm -i *2*

putting any <normal> char between the stars and then give "y" to the one to go away and n to the others to keep. For files that start with a leading "-", be sure to make the pattern "./*something*".

That doesn't answer your question about bug or crack, but hopefully the contents of the file will help you determine that.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Michael Maldener wrote:

Hallo, Dear Linux-Friends,

I found something curious in my Home Dir. :
A file named ?$2@

and I could by no means delete it execpt with the mc.

?$2@ and with echo: ^W$2@