RE: [suse-security] DHCP and IP Numbers ?
Joerg,

DHCP does not assign a different IP address to a computer while
the lease is active. The clients, while on the network, will
periodically
renew their lease and retain their address. I am pretty confident that
your problem is somewhere else

Markus

My other computer is a 2200 CPU Mac G5 cluster.
More about the worlds fastest academic computer: http://www.cs.vt.edu/