RE: [suse-security] DHCP and IP Numbers ?
  • From: "Benoit Gariod" <ben@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:01:56 +0100
The minimum amount of time before any node will be assigned a new IP should
be the lease time configured on the DHCP server.
You could try a couple of things: increasing the IP range ("pool"), so as to
not force reuses because the server is running shoirt of available IP
addresses to hand out, and increasing the lease time itself. i think that
the default behaviour of the dhcp client to to request the IP it previously
had, so that should help.

Benoit Gariod