Re: [suse-security] blocking http download
  • From: Michael 'buk' Scherer <mscherer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:03:02 +0100 (CET)
Good moin.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, security wrote:

>Hi guys,
>I am using Susefirewall2, squid on my firewall but still have probleme with
>http download.
>Is there anyway to block the http download ???
You can block http or you can't block http.
Every page you read is "downloaded" as well, doesnt matter if the file
ends with .html, .php or anything else.

What you can do is to block certain filenames like *.mp3, *.avi, *.* ;)
with your squid.
Please check the docs, I cant remember the settings.

Cheers, Michael

--
It's a book about a Spanish guy called Manual, you should read it.
-- Dilbert