Re: [suse-security] Intrusion
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:29:44 +0100 (CET)
On Nov 24, Antun Balaz <antun@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I install security paches routinely every week.
I think you could save more time, if you did an upgrade to a newer
distribution. Harddisks are not so expensive any more, I usually buy a new
harddisk if I update a system, install everything there, copy
configuration, check everything and swap harddisk.

Using a stone-old distribution will cost 10x more effort than updating
every 2 years to the latest SuSE (especially because 9.0 is on ftp servers
now, you can get it for free ;-)

Markus

--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign