Re: [suse-security] Intrusion
  • From: Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:59:36 -0400 (WST)
Mensaje citado por: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> * Antun Balaz; <antun@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 24 Nov, 2003 wrote:
> >

> >Dear Togan,
> >I install security paches routinely every week. Can you give me more
> >details how to check if my server is afftected in any way (I deleted
> >content of /tmp directory and applied all measures suggested by Bjorn -
> >thanks a lot), i.e. if some files are replaced etc.
>
> If you have deleted the /tmp that it is difficult to do analysis but not
> imposible. Have you tried to check your system with chkrootkit ?
>
> Doing update every week for me is a long time YMMV. Either use YOU or
> fou4suse and let them do the updating patches for you everyday. When
> there is a Security anouncement from SuSE immediately apply the patch.
>
> If I were you to sleep a little bir comfortable I would have reinstalled
> the whole machine.

Some years ago, SuSE sugested to move /tmp to /var/tmp, but I have installed the version 8.2 from zero, and later updated to 9.0, and /tmp continues as 2 years ago.
¿What is about this?
Registrate desde http://servicios.arnet.com.ar/registracion/registracion.asp?origenid=9 y participá de todos los beneficios del Portal Arnet.

< Previous Next >