Re: [suse-security] Semaphores Please?
  • From: Armin Schoech <armin.schoech@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:33:30 +0000 (GMT)
Hi !

> Last night's attempt made that obvious message to be written in apache's
> error log:
>
> semget: No space left on device
>
> So what I need, is if I can raise the available number of semaphores, so
> to be more available for preventing such kind of attacks. Where's the
> system's semaphore configuration file? Also I may need to raise the
> number of file descriptors or set 'em to unlimited. How I can do this?
>
> Any kind of help would be appriciated.

--> Google is your friend. Search for the complete error message and
you will find explanations and solutions. The second link gave me a
command to increase the space for semaphores, further down the list I
found the hint to go search on www.apache.org to learn more about how
this error can happen.

Enjoy the available documentation...

Cheers,
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26 office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan Schloss-Straße 6