Suse Linux Firewall on CD does not remember RSA-Key
  • From: "Jan Frederik Pielhau" <J.Pielhau@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:08:21 +0200
Hello all,

My problem follows:

There should be an IPSec Tunnel between the Net1 StaticIP1 [Suse Linux
Firewall on CD2] and Net DynamicIP2 [Suse Linux 7.2].

The following reprsents the ipsec.conf connection - For each side
reversed left/right.
conn net-to-net
left=212.202.x.x
leftsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
leftrsasigkey=0s1LgR7/oUM...
right=%any
rightsubnet=192.168.2.0/24
rightrsasigkey=0sAQOqH55O...
auto=add

The Problem is now, when i create a new hostkey by
'ipsec newhostkey --output /etc/ipsec.de/host.key' on the Suse Linux
Firewall on CD, the key is lost when we reboot the firewall. Is there
any way for this product to build up a net-to-net Connection with
rsa-key authentification then? Maybe we should better use cipe...

Thank you so much for any help.

Regards, Jan Pielhau