Cipe starts before firewalldaemon on SuSe-Live CD
  • From: "Jan Frederik Pielhau" <J.Pielhau@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:58:09 +0200
Hi there.

We've got a SuSe Linux Firewall on CD 2 and use CIPE to connect a branch office.
Because the remote network is on a dialup-line, we use the cipe's ip-up script to
insert some iptables rules for the network connection between the LANs. Our Problem
is that the CIPE Daemon starts before the FAS Daemon and so the rules defined in the
CIPE's ip-up Script become overwritten. On a "normal" Linux machine we renamed the
link of the CIPE Daemon in /etc/init.d/rcX.d/@SXXcipe to let cipe start after the
Firewallscript. How can i then change the order in which the services start on that
SuSe Firewall On CD??
I'm not that into cronjobs, would it be possible to create a job that runs after the
Firewallscript has been run successful?

Thanks for any comments.

Regards,

Jan F. Pielhau