Re: [suse-security] Cipe starts before firewalldaemon on SuSe-Live CD
  • From: Ken Schneider <kschneider@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:04:40 -0400
On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 05:58, Jan Frederik Pielhau wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> We've got a SuSe Linux Firewall on CD 2 and use CIPE to connect a branch office.
> Because the remote network is on a dialup-line, we use the cipe's ip-up script to
> insert some iptables rules for the network connection between the LANs. Our Problem
> is that the CIPE Daemon starts before the FAS Daemon and so the rules defined in the
> CIPE's ip-up Script become overwritten. On a "normal" Linux machine we renamed the
> link of the CIPE Daemon in /etc/init.d/rcX.d/@SXXcipe to let cipe start after the
> Firewallscript. How can i then change the order in which the services start on that
> SuSe Firewall On CD??
> I'm not that into cronjobs, would it be possible to create a job that runs after the
> Firewallscript has been run successful?
>
> Thanks for any comments.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan F. Pielhau

In general you can change the start order of the scripts by changing the
"S" number to one that is higher the the firewall startup script. I
don't use the firewall because I'm on a local lan but this applies to
-any- start script. Simply cd into the appropriate run level -rc#.d-
directory and relink the firewall script with a number higher than the
"cipe" script.

OR the better way is to modify the firewall script in /etc/init.d
"# Required-Start:" line and run SuSEconfig.
I have used this method with the webmin script that wants to run before
the network is up.

--
Ken Schneider
unix user since 1989