Re: [suse-security] SuSE lists SPAM
  • From: Radu Voicu <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:11:13 +0300
So... we have to sit back and see what's happening? :)

Sven 'Darkman' Michels wrote:

Radu Voicu wrote:

Please, SuSE people, can you do something to transform our e-mail addresses on the archives (remove them, if you cannot transform them into, for instance, suse at ploiesti dot rdsnet dot ro - instead of showing suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Translation won't really help. Since so many ppl 'crypt' their e-mail
address in such a way, spam-bots are clever enough to convert the
addresses back. One way is removing them. But: you'll lose a way
to contact ppl. If you found some useful informations and can't
reach the autor for some questions because of such 'filters' you
really start to dislike them. Besides from that, there so many ways
to 'crawl' your email address. And: who said that a spammer can't
subscribe to the list and just grep the mailaddresses by just reciving
all the mails? ;)

just my 2 cent (and no, i don't like penis spam)

Sven

< Previous Next >