Re: [suse-security] SuSE lists SPAM
  • From: Christopher Mahmood <ckm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:15:20 -0700
Please don't cross-post between closed lists.

* Radu Voicu (suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [030912 07:36]:
> I was wondering, why on the SuSE Lists archives people can find our
> EXACT e-mail adress??? A simple scan of the messages on that page will
> return our real e-mail addresses - there's only one step away from
> "enlarge your penis" or "rich nigerians" e-mails...

The html part, which generate, is obfuscated (e.g., 'suse at
ploiesti.rdsnet.ro'). I'd rather not get into editing people's
posts in order to obfuscate the addresses in the mail. It's your
responsibility to protect your email address (which you are
apparently doing) and, because we only use the sender from for
authentication, you can set the address in the from header to
whatever you want. In other words, your actually subscriptions
address is only shown to other subscribers if you decide to reveal
it.

Please send followup to me, not the list.

--

-ckm