Re: [suse-security] lsh
  • From: Kastus <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:44:03 -0700
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 03:39:30PM +1000, Adam Daniel wrote:
> Has anyone tried getting lsh working on a SuSE machine?
>
> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/lsh/

I was gonna ask the same question. I tried the 1.5 version supplied
with SuSE 8.2 and couldn't make keys work.

lshd authenticates me with password but fails with keys.
I tried both DSA (default) and RSA keys.

I turned on verbose in lshd and the problem appears to be that lshd
does not support spki-rsa or spki-dsa, the algorithms used
when creating keys.

I haven't tried building lsh myself so I don't know if this is
a problem of SuSE package or lsh or user (me)

Unfortunately, this is all I know (just recently learnt) about lsh

-Kastus