Re: [suse-security] martian source messages
  • From: "Pep Serrano" <mylists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:03:04 +0200
Ray,

> That would be incoming web requests from machines on the other side of
> your modem. Probably someone trying to see if you're running a web
> server.

In such case, the traffic should be ppp0 -> loopback or perhaps both
directions... But I only can see packets in loopback->ppp0 direction. Where
are the requests?
Another friend suggested it can be blaster or something related to the
winupdate? I really don't get the point... it looks like traffic going out
of my loopback but no incomming traffic (e.x. http requests).

> Log the packets and inspect the contents.

< Previous Next >