Re: [suse-security] Why no SuSE RPMs for KDE 3.1.4 security update?
  • From: r.maurizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:45:32 +0200

> Normally SuSE is very quick with advisories and security updates.
> This time, it is making think seriously about switching to Red Hat, or
> at least not buying SuSE 9.0. If SuSE is delaying KDe 3.1.4 because
> of the effort being put into SuSE 9.0, this tactic is backfiring.

Aw man, relax a bit... How many of you do have kdm accepting remote
connections?
How many do that using kerberos? I, for example, use the first a lot but
then only from the local network. How many of your users can brute force an
access?
I like fast responses from SuSE too, and they do just that when it's
serious. When it's not (and here it's rather easy to use a temporary
workaround, like another xmd) I prefer they take the time they think it's
necessary to do their job at best, like they usually do.

Ciao,
Roberto.

< Previous Next >