Firewall <-> CUPS
  • From: Michael Graupner <mgraupe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:44:39 +0200
Hello,

Suse 8.2 with a 2.4.20-4GB-athlon kernel is running on my computer. In yast2 I have configured and got to work the SuSEfirewall. But since the firewall is working my computer does not recognise the CUPS printer installed on the local network.
In /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 under point 10 I have added:

W_TRUSTED_NETS="141.30.17.91,tcp,631"

where 141.30.17.91 refers to the CUPS server in the network and 631 is the ipp port. But even after a restart of the firewall with this configuration the printers are not seen by my computer.

Do I have to allow more ports than only 631? Or are other configurations required in order to get CUPS working.

I would appreciate any hints concerning this problem.

Best regards Michael

Michael Graupner

Institute for Theoretical Physics
Dresden University of Technology