Re: [suse-security] Why no SuSE RPMs for KDE 3.1.4 security update?
  • From: r.maurizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:27:05 +0200

> Well, OpenLDAP + pam_ldap is not single sign-on: if you SSH into
> host A and, from host A, you SSH again to host B, you will get
> prompted for a user name and password.

Oh, I see. With Kerberos authenticate once, and all systems recognize you.
I interpreted "single sign on" as "single password for all services", using
a probably old early-90 IBM definition (we were trying to do that "single
password signon" with OS/2 back then :-)
Indeed, it's a really nice thing to have.

> That would take a lot of time, but I will try to resume it.
> administration (well, nearly since passwords must be set
> using Kerberos, but there are ways to integrate password
> changes with Kerberos V).

Really interesting and helpful! Many thanks!
I'll try if I can get started, and if I'm able to reach the end I'll try to
put somewhere a little Howto :-)

Ciao,
Roberto!

< Previous Next >