Re: [suse-security] YOU on 7.3 Pro kills my server (how do I get updates, if the updatetool needs as much cpu as M$ products?)
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:38:25 +0200 (CEST)
On Jul 2, Philippe Vogel <filiaap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yesterday I tried several updates with yast2 Online Update on my SuSE
> 7.3 Pro Gameserver. Unfortunately the box died everytime because of a
> Load of 1.63 and later did not react anymore. I switched to fou4s and
> didn't have any problems with that.
> Why is Yast2 so CPU-intensive?
I've asked this question several times, and never got an appropriate
answer.
That's the reason why I wrote fou4s, and after more than one year YOU has
only changed very slowly (YOU on 8.2 is 'usable', but maybe only because
8.2 doesn't run very well on old and outdated machines??).

Markus
PS: latest fou4s beta which came out today is even faster than previous
versions of fou4s :) - http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/download.shtml
--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign