Re: [suse-security] Chattr
  • From: GertJan Spoelman <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:28:14 +0200
On Wednesday 02 July 2003 09:33, Πλαστήρας Αθανάσιος wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use chattr in reiserfs, but it works only in ext2.
> Do you know any related program for reiserfs???

It does work, but only if the kernel you're running supports it and if your
reiserfs volume is suitable.
A reiserfs v3.5 volume doesn't support it.
For a reiserfs v3.6 volume to support it, it has to be made with a mkreiserfs
which knows about it or you can make a existing volume suitable by running
reiserfsck --clean-attributes
IIRC you only can run that on a unmounted device.
Ofcourse you also need reiserfs utilities which supports it.
And you need to mount your reiserfs volume with the option attrs, else you can
set the attrs but they won't have any effect.
--

GertJan

Email address is invalid, so don't reply directly, I'm on the list.

< Previous Next >