Re: [suse-security] Firewall an Squid [repost]
  • From: Holger Schletz <h.schletz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 12:09:53 +0200
Hi,

Does Squid work properly?

I receive the same complaint about a missing DNS service, but BIND is already
started. Everything works fine though, so I don't worry about.

Blind guess (without knowing the internals of the SuSEfirefall script):
Maybe the start script for Squid/BIND returns before the service is completely
set up. When the third stage of SuSEfirewall is encountered, there is no
service listening to the correspnding port yet and a warning is issued.
(Remember: it's just a warning, non an error.) A few seconds later,
everything will be fine.

Best regards,
Holger