KDE root login
  • From: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:20:13 +0000 (GMT)

> It's also not possible any more to use su (it always tells you bad
> password), unless you're root already.

I had a similar problem with bad passwords when trying to
su-login under KDE, SuSE 8.1 pro, to use YaST.

I found that my problem was with keyboard character-code
translation, under KDE.

You could try opening a shell in KDE, and typing in your
root password at the shell prompt, and see if the keyboard
characters you are typing in are actually the ones that KDE
is receiving.

Hope this works ok,

Regards - Keith Roberts

  • No further messages