Re: [suse-security] Creating rpm of locally compiled kernel
  • From: Simon Oliver <simon.oliver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:54:54 +0100
Markus Gaugusch wrote:
Some time ago someone suggested that we create rpms (or dummy rpms) for
locally compiled kernels so that yast update doesn't overwrite the local
kernel.

Use "make rpm" instead of "make bzImage modules" to create an RPM of the
kernel. But I think it would be easier for you if you used fou4s and use
the IgnoreList and RemarkList features (to ignore kernel upates or only
notify the user, but don't install them).

When I "make rpm" I get the following error:

kernel-2.4.2064GBSMP/./.version
File /usr/src/kernel-2.4.20.tar.gz: No such file or directory
make: *** [rpm] Error 1

It looks like rpm expects the tar file to have a different name: I traced back and found that the rpm build comamnd was as expected:

rpm -ta /usr/src/linux-2.4.20.SuSE/../kernel-2.4.2064GBSMP.tar.gz ; \

Any ideas?

--
Simon Oliver

< Previous Next >