Re: [suse-security] SCP-proxy / SFTP-proxy wanted
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:08:15 +0200 (CEST)
> does somebody know a solution for a transparent SCP-proxy or
> SFTP-proxy? In the moment we are running SuSE's ftp-prxy but I
> want to avoid cleartext password as soon as possible...
You only chance is port forwarding, because all data that is sent is
encrypted. It's the same with HTTPS (SSL) "proxies": They can only pass
the data through... You can even use a http proxy with support for https
to connect to an sftp server (if the destination port 22 is allowed).

Markus
--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign

< Previous Next >