Re: RE: [suse-security] SCP-proxy / SFTP-proxy wanted
Hi Dirk,
thanks for your suggestion - that is exactly what I was probing
yesterday evening. First I had some probs with the port
redirection of scp (sometimes it is -p, on another machine it
might be -P) but now it works. And it turns out that even most
graphical WI? clients are able to work with such a setup.

Well, I'll give you a short description of my net first:

outside -|- ssh-gateway -|- inside
| |
firewall firewall

Then I did the following:

On the outside-machine I started an ssh tunnel to our ssh-
gateway:

# ssh -L 1234:<machine>.inside.net:22 <user_on_ssh_-gateway>
@ssh-gateway

When the tunnel was up, I opened another session and did the
following:

# scp -P 1234 <source-file> <user_on_inside>@localhost:
<destination-file>

Works like a charm, but maybe there is an easier solution?

Thanks in advance
Christoph