IPTABLES Command slows down the machine
  • From: "Knut Erik Hauslo" <KNUTH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:16:39 +0200
Hi all,

I have a nice IPTABLES Script which i start upon booting the server
(/etc/init.d/boot.local).

One of the first commands is this line:
IPTABLES="/usr/sbin/iptables"

If if run the script without this command, none of the rules are active.
If i boot my server with the above command enabled however, the KDE
login takes so much longer time and any application I start takes long
to open too.

The rules are working fine, and it seems that firewall-functions are
being handled in a timely fashion (i have tested it while having my
sniffer observe..)

PS: I am a newbie to Linux and IPTABLES, please beare with me.

Cheers
Knut Erik

  • No further messages