Apache access_log Questions
  • From: "Dwight Victor" <dvictor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:33:25 -1000

Hello list,

Today I've received this log entry in my /var/log/httpd/access_log file:

218.2.192.91 - - [27/Jul/2003:01:09:15 -1000] "GET http://www.baidu.com/
HTTP/1.1" 200 18960

I do not have a corresponding error message in my /var/log/httpd/error.log
(Apache server response 200, which means that this request was "ok").

The originating IP address appears to be forged. I'm not sure what kind of
site www.baidu.com is cause it's all in Chinese.

Question # 1: Is my Apache server being misused?

Question # 2: Should I be concerned?

Question # 3: How did they format this request

Question # 4: What can I do to prevent this from occurring again?

Thanks in advance,

Dwight...
dvictor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx