Re: [suse-security] Problems with a Mail Server and SuSEfirewall2
  • From: Holger Schletz <h.schletz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:48:40 +0200
Hi,

This doesn't look like a firewall problem. Your mailserver was not able to
forward your mails to your ISP's mailserver and placed them in a queue
instead. This queue was flushed on reboot.
This is regular behavior. I'm not familiar with sendmail configuration, but it
should be possible to flush the queue from time to time. Maybe it tried, but
gave up after a specific amount of time or failed attempts.
I'm currently working on a script running as a cron job which warns me when
there are still messages in a specific queue (I use postfix).

Regards,
Holger