Re: [suse-security] Loading firewall script on boot time
  • From: Maxim Cherniavsky <maxim@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:22:44 +0400
Knut Erik Hauslo wrote:

Hello again,

I edited my /etc/init.d/boot.local to change directory - where my FW
script is - and issued a ./fwscript command:
#!/bin/tcsh
cd /fwscript
./fwscript

Why is my fwscript not loaded at boot time? When i do these steps
manually, it will work.

I think /etc/init.d/boot.local it's not the right time to load firewall or am i wrong?

Also, I wanted to add some logging when my script is starting, like: echo "doing step X of Y steps" > /fwscript/logfile

Unfortunately, every new echo i issue will overwrite the previous file.
Is there a way to accomplish this (im sure it is but have not found out
how)?

do

echo "doing step X of Y steps" >> /fwscript/logfile

Cheers
Knut Erik

--
Best regards,