Re: [suse-security] Webmin security
  • From: Armin Schoech <armin.schoech@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:50:14 +0000 (GMT)
Hello !

> My main question is if the Webmin is a good tool to do remote administration
> or are better tools ?

--> What about logging in via SSH as normal user and then "su" to root
? Then you have the same full control as if you were sitting in front
of the box (except the possibility to press the power or reset button
:-).

If you use public key authentication and restrict the IPs that are
allowed to connect to your SSH server, I think you are pretty secure.

Bye,
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26 office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan Schloss-Straße 6