Re: [suse-security] updatedb@locate
  • From: Adam Daniel <adamd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:52:17 +1000
The package your after is called:

findutils-locate

Try this:

yast2 -i findutils-locate

And i'd say one of the reasons it got removed is because its a great tool for attackers to find out about a system once its compromised (but im only guessing).

Adam

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 03:07:07PM +0300, Sourian wrote:
> I understand. Why is it no longer installed by default? Is it replaced
> by something else? If I need to search for a command, how can I do it?
>
> Best regards,
> Sourian
>

> --

Technical Consultant
FORENSIC DATA SERVICES PTY LIMITED
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
intended solely for the addressee. If you received this e-mail by
mistake please notify us immediately and delete all copies of this
message. You must not disclose or use in any way the information in the
e-mail. It is the responsibility of the recipient to virus scan this
e-mail and any attachments included.

  • No further messages