Re: [suse-security] Antwort: Re: [suse-security] Looking for a tool (Diese Mail wurde auf Viren gepr?ft.) (Diese Mail wurde auf Viren gepr├╝ft.)
*** Reply to message from dhoffmann@xxxxxxxxxx on Fri, 2 May 2003
14:55:16 +0200***

Denis,

I am wondering if I understand what your question means.

> The users should be able to
> browse certain restricted sites outside of the lan without knowing the
> credentials (username/password) of these sites.

Are you saying that there is , perhaps , someone in the company who has
signed up for these sites , and you would prefer that your users not know
the login and password details so they can't , for instance, login from
their box at home?

Also, I suppose if my earlier supposition is correct, you actually have
a username and password to login onto this restricted site so you can't
just give permission at your end saying anyone trying to connect from
192. etc. where you specify the range, as someone else mentioned should
be passed on to the website?

I suppose , not knowing the nature of the website you are talking about
that just caching the pages at the start of each shift wouldn't work ,
huh?

Afterthought : 29A, the hexadecimal of the Beast.