Re: [suse-security] Port 33270 and Trinity
  • From: GertJan Spoelman <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 00:39:23 +0200
On Friday 09 May 2003 04:57, Paul Kozlenko wrote:

> The kernel patch level on this machine is 74 not 274. Am I that far
> behind? Anyhow. No reference to "ptrace" when I do an rpm -q --chnagelog
> k_deflt.

Well, then it's not a ptrace problem.

> A netstat -ean shows one piece of info - the inode is "31464". Does this
> equal the inode for a file. If so 31464 is the inode for a directory. In
> my case "/usr/libexec/webmin/mscstyle3/acl/images".

I think that's not the inode from your disk filesystem but probably from the
procfs, but I'm only guessing here.

> I haven't rebooted the machine yet. I don't want to unless this is a
> threat.

Can't you, like I suggested earlier, just shutdown one process at the time and
see if and when that port disappears, I would start with nfs and rpc or if
you're running X shut that down first.
That way you don't have to reboot (what's wrong with that anyway), you can
just start the processes again later.
--

GertJan

Email address is invalid, so don't reply directly, I'm on the list.

< Previous Next >