Re: [suse-security] Discontinued SuSE Linux Distributions ( when will this happen to 7.2?)
  • From: Ruediger Oertel <ro@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:40:13 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 14 May 2003, Jerry A! wrote:

> : There is something I forgot to add: There is a new directory on the ftp
> : server: /pub/suse/axp/supplementary/8.1/. It is a SuSE Linux 8.1 for
> : AXP/Alpha. The tree is located in the supplementary directory _because_
> : this distribution will not see any updates. The idea behind it is that
> : we would like to publish what we have (and what we use internally) to
> : provide a service for the community, and since we have removed the
> : last axp distribution from the list of distributions that get updates,
> : it's a good idea to at least publish a new one.
> : We can't provide any updates for the 8.1-axp distribution because we're
> : lacking all kinds of resources for it: Machines (build hosts), testing/qa
> : resources, ... There is no easy way of providing these resources without
> : the necessary funding.
>
> Would we be able to grab the SRPMs from the x86 side of the house and
> compile them? I wouldn't mind the extra work if I knew it was doable.

well, using the 8.1-i386 src.rpms should be possible except for the
kernels and some packages that needed some hacks and thus are different
on 8.1-axp. But all these modifications/sources are in the 8.1-axp tree
and then there is the suse-axp list for questions ;)

--
with kind regards (mit freundlichem Grinsen),
Ruediger Oertel (ro@xxxxxxx,bugfinder@xxxxxxxxxxx)

< Previous Next >