Re: [suse-security] What's keeps changing my inet.d sequence
  • From: Arjen de Korte <arjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:24:00 +0200
On Wednesday 21 May 2003 18:59, Ken Schneider wrote:

> > If you don't like the startup order, you need to modify the dependencies
> > in the headers of the scripts that start the services. Not that I can
> > think of a valid reason to do so, but it is possible.
> Because some scripts NEED to start AFTER other scripts, I.E. webmin
> needs to start AFTER the network is up, but the default is to start
> before the network is up.

In that case, changing the startup order, may seem to work. It determines only
the startup order of the scripts, it will NOT make sure the actual services
are started. Therefor, if webmin can only start AFTER the network is up, you
must verify that the network is up in the startup script of webmin. The bare
fact that the webmin script is started after the network script will not
guarantee this.

I'm still not convinced of a valid reason to change the startup order.
--
51 N 25' 05.1" - 05 E 29' 13.3"
Key fingerprint - 66 4E 03 2C 9D B5 CB 9B 7A FE 7E C1 EE 88 BC 57