Re: [suse-security] What's keeps changing my inet.d sequence (not entirely security related)
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:13:56 -0800
On Wednesday 21 May 2003 01:11, Matt Gibson wrote:
> To get it to apply the right sequence, check the "### BEGIN INIT INFO"
> section of the script. If you specify in there that it depends on the
> firewall (use the Required-Start line to specify whatever's in the Provides
> line in the firewall script) then it should get automatically shuffled into
> the right place. Check out the init.d and insserv man pages for more
> details.

Ah, now if that works it would be great.
The man pages left the impression that only those services mentioned in
the /etc/insserv.conf could be mentioned there

And my tests with the following in the firewall script:
# Provides: shorewall
# Required-Start: $network vmware
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start: 2 3 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6

Were unsuccessfull in getting the thing to force vmware to
load first. Infact the insserv -d command halted saying
vmware was not enabled, yet chkconfig said it was.

Maddening. If i manually set it and stay away from
insserv it will stay put, but one trip thru yast and
I have to adjust it again.

thx anyway.

--
John Andersen