Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 on 8.0 masq problem
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 07:25:40 +0200
On Wednesday 04 September 2002 06.36, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> I am at my wits end with this problem. Server in dmz, internal net,
> http, https, ssh, imap, etc on server accessible from the outside. The
> internal net should have access to the same services on the server as
> are available from the outside.

Problems like these are easiest solved by examining logs. I see you already
log almost everything in the firewall. What does that show? Do you see
anything interesting if you turn on logging on all accepted packets? Perhaps
you should set up a few iptables rules on the dmz server to log what happens
there. I suspect it will make your problem a lot easier to locate.

regards
Anders