ACLs on ext3
  • From: "Fu Man Chu" <hellbringerxp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:04:43 +0200

Hi all, I don't know if this is off-topic but I think that ACL's is a security issue so here I go...

I've got a SuSE Linux Professional 8.0 On a Pentium III 500 Mhz with the SuSE default kernel. I actually have the ext3 filesystem for all my harddisk which has 2 partitions. I've seen that ACL's work on XFS but I wan't them to work on ext3 because I'm using quotas and I've read that they don't work well with XFS. Besides, I don't want to have to do a backup/restore of all my data so I could convert my fs to XFS. I've applied the patches on the acl (http://acl.bestbits.at/) but I've got some messsages telling me that some files have already been patched (kernel sources under /usr/src/linux-2.4.18.SuSE) So I've stopped the procedure.

Anybody knows what must I do next?

Thanks in advance

V Segui

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos. http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx