[suse-security] ext3 and quotas
  • From: "Philippe Vogel" <filiaap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:56:07 +0200
Hi!

I setup up a workstation for testing with msc Marc/Mentat on linux.
I have choosen SuSE because of the actual openGL-drivers for NVidia.
I got two partitions using ext3.
If I want t turn on quotas for our users it won't work.
The bootup does not show errors but if I want to enable it.
Runlevelscript is loaded at bootup and the kernelmodules as well.
When I want to set quota the settings are not working.

Is there a bug within SuSE 8.0 and quota package?
With 7.3 there where similar problems.
After a patch I go it running with 7.3 and ext3.

Philippe
  • No further messages