looking for chroot() howto on suse 7.3 or 8.0
  • From: "Olivier M." <qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:52:18 +0200
Hello,

I'd like to create a few "secure" accounts on a relay server, to let
some user only use the ssh or telnet commands to connect another
server in a LAN. The relay server is pretty busy (webhosting server),
and the ssh users should only be able to see their /home/directetory,
not below -> chroot.

My problem is to find how to do that by using chroot: I found
some short docs and tools (jail), but I can't manage to make it
work, so my question: is there anybody here using chroot, and
wo could cut/n/paste me the correct /etc/passwd lines and steps
to create the account? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Olivier
Olivier Mueller - om@xxxxxxx - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland
qmail projects: http://omail.omnis.ch - http://webmail.omnis.ch