Re: [suse-security] Problem with SPAM.
  • From: Boris Lorenz <bolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:16:51 +0200
Yuppaduppa,

Ruben Navarro Huedo wrote:

[...]
> We don't know how, but are doing SPAM with our server using nobody account .
> we are using SASL + Sendmail 8.12.5
> All is running 100% except that problem...
> SASL autetification is running ok.
> Nobody can do relay without autentification.

Apache (in many cases) runs as nobody or wwwrun, and FormMail uses
sendmail on localhost, which always is allowed to relay mail. Check
FormMail's homepage on http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html for
security references/updates, all FormMail versions released before April
19th 2002 have insufficient anti-relaying routines and should be
upgraded a.s.a.p.

> Please...could you help us?
>
> A lot of thank's.
>
> - --