Test HW of SMP Mainboard
  • From: "HUI, Arion (Mr)" <ymahui@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:29:31 +0000
Sorry I have difficulty to properly categorize this message into any mailing list.

I am intenting to run a database and a POP3 mail server on SuSE 8.0 with a second hand SMP mainboard in order to save some cost.

Before making the purchase, I would like to run a few tests to ensure the hardware is sound. However, I only know the SuSE 8.0 "Memory Test" and the "top" command to test the function of the memory unit and the SMP part of the mainboard.

I wonder if there is anyone out there has already over come this problem with a solution, so I would not need to re-invent the wheel again.

Thank you! :)

---

Info provided if needed:

Mainboard Model: Legend QDI BrillianX 4