Re: [suse-security] RE: initiate personal-firewall
  • From: Susan Buczak <sbuczak2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:08:34 -0400
Ok you have to go into /etc/sysconfig and edit the file manually to start, there isn't a Yast2 link to it...or even a hint which would have saved me 2 days of searching... then run /sbin/SuSEconfig which will update the system config because it's in that folder...

now any ideas for updating other /etc files such as /etc/security/access.conf because they aren't in /etc/sysconfig and yast doesn't know they exist... neither does the rest of the system... which far as i can tell is still leaving us with a major security breach...as to who can attempt login or not when personal-firewall is not active...

I am pretty sure I read somewhere about linking files to sysconfig... anyone know for sure?

so essentially I am assuming you have to then turn personal-firewall off and on either by editing it's sysconfig file or using run-level... as yast crazy as this machine is you would think there would be simply... a button. nonetheless.

< Previous Next >