Re: [suse-security] RE: initiate personal-firewall
  • From: Doug Glenn <dglenn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:03:53 -0400
On Sunday 29 September 2002 11:31, Susan Buczak wrote:
> someone else told me they did this yast deal with 8.0 that it was
> normal prior to that... is it safe to pull the yast deal off till
> the machine is configured properly does anyone know, have they tried
> that? I don't mind yast watching the system after I have it
> configured for my needs but till then it's been a real monster,
> absolutely impossible to deal with...

You can disable the system from making the changes automatically by
going into the sysconfig editor, selecting Base Administration,
SUSEConfig and then the Suseconfig-enable to no.

All the changes have been made to conform with the LSB, so blame the LSB
for the "new" locations if you want. At least it should make the
transformation from one distro to another easier in the future instead
of trying to figure out each idiosyncrasy.