PAM-MODULE locked user out / how to activate?
  • From: isp@xxxxxxxxxx (ISP-Account ISP)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:17:52 +0100
Hello,

I have a server which was made secure by harden_suse and by using the pammodules.

I have configured my server in that way that no one can logon as root. Everyone has to logon with his username and than he has to "su -" (users with group wheel).

Additional after a user has entered a wrong password five times the account is locked.

Now one of my users can't login and in the messages-log I get the message:

Aug 7 14:16:10 webspider login[683]: Authentication failure
Aug 7 14:16:14 webspider pam_tally[685]: user glsupport (502) tally 21, deny 5

I believe that the user has entered five times the wrong PWD an now the user-account is locked but who can I unlock this account?

Thanks and best regards
Martin