Re: [suse-security] YOU & Firewall
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:08:16 +0200 (CEST)
On Aug 8, Michael Rauter <rauter@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anybody know, which ports must be open for successful you-update ?
> I closed all ports and left only the http/s, ftp, ssh, dns ports open. I
> analyzed the packet trace of my firewall router and see something about
> port 113 and 333 when starting you.
Can't imagine that, YOU only uses FTP and for some packages (NVidia...)
HTTP. FTP is tricky, though - I don't know if it is using active or
passive ftp, but 113 and 333 should NOT be related to YOU in any way.

If you need access through proxy/http only, try fou4s at
http://fou4s.gaugusch.at. It supports fully automated updates and regular
automatic checking for updates.

kind regards,
Markus Gaugusch

--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign