Re: [suse-security] Telnet Problem
  • From: BLeonhardt@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:58:55 +0200
Hi,

never use telnet for remote access or something like that...
... all traffic ( inclusive username / password ) will be transmitted as
"plain text" over the network(s) ...

user ssh ... there is a sshd on the linux-distro... install that ...
use my howto on http://www.linux-it.net ...

Install putty onto your client ..

...you've to login as root for sshd installation ... !

Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Bruno Leonhardt

CLP Domino R5 Systemadministrator
AnalyTek Systemhaus