Re: Re: Re: AW: [suse-security] Firewall Routing/Forwarding Problem
On Thursday, 6. June 2002 14:32, andre wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 14:25, Robert Szentmihalyi wrote:
> > On Thursday, 6. June 2002 14:10, BLeonhardt@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > ... hmmm ... a silly question :
> > >
> > > ... did you do : echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward ?
> > > ... on your firewall
> >
> > Yes, of course :-)
> >
> > IP forwarding is active and has always been (I said that in my
> > original posting), but I still can't access the web server
> > behind the firewall :-(
>
> didn't the proxyarp work ?

I am just looking into that issue.
I have found this on the net:
http://www.sjdjweis.com/linux/proxyarp/

According to this, enabling proxy_arp on the web server is only
half the job.
At the moment, I am trying to configure ARP on the firewall.

Perhaps you have a quick example that fits my setup?

> krgds,
>
> andre

Thanks,
Robert