[suse-security] Problem SuSEfirewall2 or Harden_Suse
  • From: "Ricardo Javier Aranibar León" <ricardo_jal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 22:22:28 +0000
Hi List,
I modify the following archives:
/etc/hosts.allow
/etc/hosts.deny

In /etc/hosts.allow I added the following line:
sshd: ALL

In /etc/host.deny, Only block the following line:
#ALL: ALL Except localhost

With this way I can to do access remote, but I re-started my computer and I can't have access remote.
I had to stop SuSefirewall2 and I can to into my computer using ssh, but I don't like stop my firewall.

Please I need your help with this.
Maybe I read about Harden_suse and don't recommend to block the line #ALL: ALL Except localhost.
I only like use ssh, and others service I don't like to use, please help me.

Pd: Sorry for my enghish but I understand it.

This is a FAQ. Harden_suse closes a lot.
To solve this, go over the options in /etc/hosts.allow,
/etc/ssh/sshd.conf and (possibly) /etc/login.defs
And of course -but you did that, right(?)- /var/log/messages...

Maarten

Envíe y reciba su correo de Hotmail desde el móvil: http://mobile.msn.com